HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro for Mac
"Clearly the best chess software for the Apple Macintosh" - Chess Magazine
HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro is a new highly advanced chess database, analysis and playing program for Apple Mac computers. It offers a very powerful user interface with the strongest ever HIARCS chess engine and world class chess database capabilities. This advanced software supports major chess database formats from Chessbase CBH and CBV files, the chess standard PGN and the new fast and powerful HCE format which supports huge databases only limited by memory. Move your chess forward with the best chess software for Mac. This unique combination offers easy to use features managing chess databases, preparation, analysis, play and training for players of all abilities from beginner to Grandmasters and beyond.
The ultimate chess database, analysis and playing program for Mac
HIARCS 15 chess engine, huge advance on HIARCS 14 WCSC
Suitable for all players: Beginners to the World Chess Champion with human-like play
Platform: Intel and M1 based Apple Mac OS 10.14 or later - including macOS Monterey and Retina Graphics
Playing ability: Beginner (750 Elo) to World Champion strength and beyond (3400+ Elo)† with human-like play
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish
"I prefer using HIARCS Chess Explorer to Chessbase" - John Saunders, Chess Editor of Chess Magazine for many years.
Existing HIARCS Chess Explorer customers are eligible for a discount. This is ONLY available through the HIARCS Chess Explorer App.
Please launch HCE and you will find a popup notification with the discount.
HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro is a software download product fulfilled immediately by email with online activation. It is the ultimate chess application for Mac OS with a world class chess user interface, chess engines and chess games databases, opening books and endgame tablebases.
Key features include:
- Advanced Database Support
- HCE database format offers huge databases only limited by memory - 1GB per 8 million games
- Fast searching for players, openings, events, material, pawn structure and positions.
- Comprehensive game database support (PGN, HCE, reads Chessbase CBH, CBV and EPD)
- Extensive game notation with variations, comments, symbols, diagrams and named openings
- Export and publish your work, games and preparation to PGN, PDF, EPUB e-book and HTML
- Reference databases, manage databases, duplicate search and clean up, watch live games
- HIARCS 15 chess engine – more than 200 Elo stronger
- Full range of realistic set Elo levels with human like playing style, have your strength matched
- Very strong analysis & play, more than 200 Elo stronger than HIARCS 14 WCSC engine
- Supports up to 32† threads/cores, and any UCI Chess User Interface (Chessbase/Fritz)
- Player Explorer
- View reports on players, their games, performances and favourite openings and statistics
- Build tree of games and openings of players instantly into a player report with a single click
- Automated repertoire summaries for databases and players. Merge misspelled players
- Game, Opening and Tree Explorers
- Revolutionary multi-source chess trees with moves, statistics from games and advice
- Build an opening repertoire tree instantly from database games to learn and prepare openings
- Access huge online opening books, view multiple books & Chessbase CTG books simultaneously
- Analysis and Evaluation Explorers
- Analyse positions and games with multiple engines simultaneously with load management
- Multiple lines of analysis with stats, move selection and integrate analysis with game notation
- Check games for blunders, inaccuracies and improvements with post game analysis
- Custom Playing modes
- Play against the computer with human-like play and full range of handicap Elo levels
- Choose rating, time controls, start positions and even openings and Chess960 for practice
- Train with the guess the move feature, learn and improve your tactical and positional play
- Coach points out mistakes, shows move quality and hints. Rates your play in Elo points
- Engine matches – set up and watch them play or have them play out test or analysis positions
- Packaged Databases
- Top quality database with 350,000+ Master games, IM/GM annotated games, tactical exercises
- Online access to up over to 1,000 GB of endgame tablebases and opening book databases
- Local book with latest GM Theory and access to much larger online books