Electronic Board Support
HIARCS Chess Explorer
With HIARCS Chess Explorer v1.9.4 or later on macOS and PC Windows you can connect to electronic boards.
We currently support the Millennium ChessLink module to connect to Millennium Chess Boards. Both of which are available at a discount for HIARCS Chess customers.
Millennium ChessLink and Chess Boards
We currently support the Millennium Chess Board using the Millennium ChessLink.
On macOS you can connect by both Bluetooth and serial USB cable to the ChessLink.
On PC Windows you can connect using serial USB cable to the ChessLink. You can read our help page on using the Millennium ChessLink here.
You will need a compatible USB serial driver for Windows to enable this feature. You can read more on our ChessLink drive page.
HIARCS Chess Explorer support for the Millennium Electronic Chess Board (EBoard) using the ChessLink module via Bluetooth (Mac) or USB serial (Mac & PC Windows) offers these features with the board:
- connect to the Electronic board using a Millennium ChessLink module and associate any view tab to use the chess board
- can be used with databases and game play modes/tabs
- play games against the computer using the Millennium ChessLink and electronic chess board
- enter games and analysis using the EBoard
- set up positions using the EBoard
- supports sliding the chess pieces in a natural way at any speed
- take back moves or adjust board position to go directly to another position in game notation
- supports move adjustment and natural recaptures in one action as you would on a normal chess board