Mac Chess Software: HIARCS Chess Explorer App
World class chess database, analysis and game playing program for Mac
World Computer Chess Software Champion HIARCS 14 Engine
Suitable for all players from beginners to the World Chess Champion with human-like play
Platform: Runs on any Mac since 2010, Intel or Apple Silicon (M1/M2/Pro)
All Apple macOS™ 10.10 or later; Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey incl. Retina graphics.
Playing ability: Beginner (750 Elo) to World Champion strength and beyond (3100 Elo)† with human-like play
GUI Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
Detailed user manual and help videos in English
August 2022 edition supports latest Apple macOS Monterey and Intel or Apple M1/M2/Pro
HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac is the established best chess software for chess database, analysis and game playing on Apple Mac. It offers an intuitive graphical user interface with powerful features together with the Single Core version of World Chess Software Champion HIARCS 14 chess engine. The product is refreshingly easy to use and includes many features for managing chess databases, chess preparation, analysis and training for players of all abilities from beginner to Grandmaster.
HIARCS Chess Explorer is compatible with Electronic Boards, more specifically Millennium E-Boards and ChessLink.
Prices*: £41.50 / €49.95 / $49.95
Click to order HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac
"I prefer using HIARCS Chess Explorer to Chessbase" - John Saunders, Chess Editor of Chess Magazine for many years.
- Advanced chess user interface, PGN chess database, analysis and game play
- Single core version of World Champion HIARCS 14
- World Chess Software Champion HIARCS engine, supports UCI chess engines
- Realistic levels for players of all strengths with coach advice, rates your play in Elo
- Game analysis, blunder check, learn/prep openings, instant trees and DB searching
- Packaged PGN databases (35,000+ games) and opening books with statistics
- Online access to chess endgame tablebases & GM opening books
- Immediate fulfilment by email any time of day or night
- Email delivery, free 1.updates and upgrade discounts
Prices*: £41.50 / €49.95 / $49.95
Click to order HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac
HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac is a software download product. It is a complete chess application with Graphical User Interface, chess engines and chess games databases.Check out HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro for Mac
A list of updates and features for HIARCS Chess Explorer since version 1.0 can be found here
Key Feature Sets:
- Advanced Chess Graphical User Interface
- Easy packaged installation with auto install of chess engines
- HIARCS Chess Explorer GUI can use any UCI compatible Mac chess engine
- High quality piece set graphics (Retina enabled), board textures, artist designed icons
- Integrated features allow easy navigation of databases, games and players
- Comprehensive manual and context sensitive help is included
- Multi-lingual support for English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- HIARCS 14 World Chess Software Champion
- HIARCS 14 chess engine closely integrated with Chess Explorer GUI, engine can also be used any UCI compatible Mac GUI
- Provides incredibly strong analysis, advice and play - single or multiprocessor version available
- Famous for its human-like and entertaining attacking playing style
- New human play realism on weaker levels
- World's strongest commercial tournament openings book accessible directly by the engine
- Book and position learning are built-in helping HIARCS improve as it plays or analyses
- Full set of configurable HIARCS UCI engine parameters
- The chess engine generally used by Five Time World Chess Champion Vishy Anand
- Free updates in the HIARCS 14 series
- Game Explorer
- Comprehensive PGN database capabilities including simultaneous handling of multiple databases, searching and filtering by game header, openings and positions, ECO and opening name classification, game lists and much more. Max single PGN database size limit is 1.75 million games. Multiple databases can be loaded
- Extensive game notation support with variations, embedded text comments, annotations, diagrams, chess symbols and chess opening naming – all of which can be viewed, added and edited. Intuitive game entry with automatic suggestions based on move quality. Game print facilities with diagrams
- Download remote PGN databases and watch live games as they happen - Update live games with your analysis and have the main game continuation merged as the game progresses. As used at the London Chess Classic by the World's strongest chess players
- Player Explorer
- View players, their performances and favourite openings
- Navigate to games and openings of players directly from the player dossier
- Integrated and automated repertoire summaries for databases and players
- Openings Explorer
- World’s first multi-source real-time chess tree with live updates and filtering
- Create an opening book tree of the moves of your games automatically
- Gives new insight into chess openings from different perspectives
- Integrated access to a regularly updated online chess opening books
- HIARCS Book subscribers get integrated access to additional online content
- All books and databases provide detailed opening statistics
- Analysis Explorer
- Analyse positions and games with multiple engines
- Multiple lines of analysis with history/statistics/preview boards, add analysis to game notation
- Post game analysis with any chess engine provides variation commentary
- Check your own games for blunders and improvements
- Lock engine analysis to a position while you navigate and modify the game
- Integrated online access to massive Terabyte endgame databases to give precise answers about endgame outcomes (about 250 DVDs worth of data!)
- Custom Game Play Mode
- For playing games against the computer using any UCI engine available
- Integrated HIARCS chess engine has realistic human-like handicap levels with set Elo strength settings suitable for players from beginner to Grandmaster
- Choose rated or unrated games with time controls or casual play
- Choose start positions and even opening selection for opening practice
- The game play mode has an integrated coach to point out mistakes, distinguish move quality, point out good puzzle moves and give hints
- Engine matches - set up matches and watch chess programs play each otherEngine matches - set up matches and watch chess programs play each other
- Packaged Databases
- Latest top quality books containing statistics from GM games
- Top quality GM database of games with consistent official Fide player names
- Annotated database of latest games including commentary from IM & GMs, even an exclusive annotated game by the Five Time World Chess Champion Vishy Anand.
The independent SSDF rating group report Deep HIARCS 14 defeated Deep Fritz 13 at tournament time controls by 28-12 (70% +149 Elo perf) - Download the games here!
You can read the latest online manual for HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac here. HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac has integrated, searchable and context sensitive help, a detailed 98 page user manual and 24 videos explaining how to use the software.
"Clearly the best chess software for the Apple Macintosh" - Chess Magazine
In summary, this is an excellent chess system that is suitable for players of all strengths. It has a lot of features, comes with a super-strong engine, and it is very easy to use. Highly recommended" - Joe Petrolito, Independent review, Australasian Chess.
"I prefer using HIARCS Chess Explorer to Chessbase" - John Saunders, Chess Editor of Chess magazine for many years.
HIARCS Chess Explorer is designed and developed by Michal Rudolf and Mark Uniacke.
HIARCS chess engines are designed and developed by Mark Uniacke.
Chess piece set images by Eric de Mund and Bruno Rizzuti based on fonts by Eric Bentzen and Armando Marroquin.
User Manual written by Mark Uniacke.
Language translations: English by Mark Uniacke, French by Alain Zanchetta, German by Christian Goralski, Italian by Bruno Rizzuti, Polish by Michal Rudolf, Portuguese by Claudio Zamana, Russian by Beglar Jobava and Spanish by Amador Cuesta.
Many games and annotations provided by www.chess.co.uk.
Beta testing and feedback by Ole Christensen, Chris Cook, Richard Fowell, Eric Hallsworth, Jonathan Naud, Matt Read, Bruno Rizzuti and Harvey Williamson and a number of other testers who prefer to remain private.
Move sounds by Ole Christensen.Thank you to all those people (including those who prefer to remain private) who helped make HIARCS Chess Explorer a better product.
We also thank Eugene Nalimov and Andrew Kadatch for their kind permission to use their access code (copyright (c) Eugene Nalimov) and decompression code (copyright (c) Andrew Kadatch) for Nalimov tablebases in HIARCS chess engines.