When HIARCS Chess Explorer is installed it creates a number of folders for the Application itself, chess engines and data files including databases. This section explains where the files are installed.
Installation folders on Mac OS X
On Mac OS X the HIARCS Chess Explorer installer creates the following folders:
The application and engines are installed in the \Applications folder. Inside this folder you will find the following folders installed:
- HIARCS Chess Explorer application package - this is the chess application you run by double clicking it. You can drag the application to the Mac Dock bar to enable easy launch from the Dock bar in future.
- Deep HIARCS 14 WCSC - this folder contains all the files of the multiprocessor version of HIARCS 14 WCSC.
- HIARCS 14 WCSC - this folder contains all the files of the single processor version of HIARCS 14 WCSC.
The HIARCS Chess Explorer user files are installed in your Documents folder where you will find the "HIARCS Chess" folder is installed and contains the following sub folders:
- Books - this folder contains the books HIARCS uses, book subscribers can add books issued as part of the Book Subscription to this folder and HIARCS 14 engines will automatically use the latest book.
- Databases - this folder contains the packaged databases which are included with HIARCS Chess Explorer.
- Documentation - this folder contains the PDF manual for the product.
- Engine Data - this folder contains the engine data folders, HIARCS 14 will save its learn files here.
- Explorer - this folder contains files specific to the HIARCS Chess Explorer GUI.