When HIARCS Chess Explorer is installed it creates a number of folders for the Application itself, chess engines and data files including databases. This section explains where the files are installed.
Installation folders on PC Windows
On PC Windows the HIARCS Chess Explorer installer creates the following folders:
The application and engines are installed in the \Program Files\HIARCS Chess folder. Inside this folder you will find the following folders installed:
- HIARCS Chess Explorer - this folder contains all the files and folders of the Graphical User Interface
- Deep HIARCS 14 WCSC - this folder contains all the files of the multiprocessor HIARCS 14 WCSC version
- HIARCS 14 WCSC - this folder contains all the files of the single processor HIARCS 14 WCSC version
Please note on Windows 64 bit systems the "\Program Files (x86)" folder is used instead of "\Program Files"
The HIARCS Chess Explorer user files are installed in your documents folder. On Windows XP this is in your "Your Documents" folder, on Windows Vista and later it is in your "Documents" folder. In this location you will find the "HIARCS Chess" folder is installed and contains the following sub folders:
- Books - this folder contains the books HIARCS uses, book subscribers can add books issued as part of the Book Subscription to this folder and HIARCS 14 engines will automatically use the latest book.
- Databases - this folder contains the packaged databases which are included with HIARCS Chess Explorer
- Documentation - this folder contains the documentation and help files for the product
- Engine Data - this folder contains the engine data folders, HIARCS 14 will save its learn files here
- Explorer - this folder contains files specific to the HIARCS Chess Explorer GUI.