There are many ways in HIARCS Chess Explorer Pro to find games in an open database:
- Select the Search header toolbar icon or Database->Search header menu item to access the Search header dialog to search the database for games matching game header criteria, e.g. players, event, rating, dates etc, etc.
- Open the Game Explorer view and use the Quick search field for fast searching.
- Open the Tree Explorer and use the Tree ->Set filter option to show all games matching the current position
- Open the Player Explorer and find games, wins, draw, losses or openings of a particular player
- Use the Database->Find position menu item to open the Find position dialog to find the games containing a position you are interested in.
When you first open a database the current filter is set to the whole database. When you search for games the result is normally a subset of the games and this subset is the current filter.
Every time you search for games it creates a new filter of games. Using the Header search it is possible to add to the current filter of games.