HIARCS Chess for iPhoneGet HIARCS Chess for iPhone from the App Store today!
HIARCS Chess for iPhone is a multiple World Championship winning chess program that has proven to be the strongest chess program on Palm and Pocket PC devices and is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. HIARCS 13.3 for iPhone represents a major update of functionality and chess strength offering a huge range of features for all players from beginners to Super Grandmasters.
HIARCS Chess for iPhone is the only handheld chess program in the world which has won Grandmaster tournaments. In August 2009 it won the Mescusor Cup in Buenos Aires, Argentina ahead of Grandmasters, while scoring an incredible undefeated 9½/10 points (9 wins, one draw). This is a performance of 2938 Elo which is the best chess performance rating for any handheld device in history and higher than Garry Kasparov's peak Elo rating!
HIARCS also has the second and third best ever chess performances on handhelds as well having won two other Grandmaster tournaments. It also has many match wins over Grandmasters in the past 4 years on handheld devices!
Even the World's strongest ever human chess player, Garry Kasparov, said "HIARCS is much better positionally than Deep Blue" and even the current World champion, Vishy Anand, in a recent interview when asked what chess program he uses to analyse with said "generally I use HIARCS".
This power enables your iPhone to play chess like a super Grandmaster, analyse games and chess problems with you, or play at whatever chess strength you want from beginner to GM while offering numerous features to help you learn and improve as you play with HIARCS. A very advanced set of coaching assistance is now present to help players of all strengths improve their chess play while having fun.
HIARCS Chess for iPhone has a full range of realistic weaker opponent strengths and playing styles catering for all players from absolute beginners to professional Grandmasters. On the weaker playing levels HIARCS will make human-like mistakes appropriate to the level of play and this together with the integrated coach advice, assessments and alerts allow you to learn and improve quickly. HIARCS can even adjust its playing strength as you improve and learn more.
HIARCS Chess for iPhone is even able to save battery life by using much less energy on any weaker levels, allowing more playing time on long journeys etc.
HIARCS has a large tournament book which is right up to date with chess theory in summer 2011 with hundreds of thousands of positions, moves and variations, in fact there are over 235,000 variations! The book moves are displayed on screen with chess symbols and the opening variations are even named.
HIARCS Chess for iPhone also monitors your chess performance and provides you with an Elo chess rating which tracks your chess ability in every game.
HIARCS Chess for iPhone combines this outstanding chess playing program with superb user friendly features for chess players of all strengths.
- Strongest chess program on iPhone and iPod Touch, genuine strong GM level performance (well above 2700 Elo even on iPod Touch)
- Suitable for all players from absolute beginners to strong Grandmasters with many handicap levels and opponents styles and advanced coaching
- Intuitive and friendly user interface with multiple high quality pieces set, colour schemes and icons
- Multiple playing modes: play white, black, both sides in two player mode, continuous analysis and interactive replay
- Fully adjustable Elo strengths, adaptive levels and multiple playing levels and opponents
- All levels and strengths below maximum are low energy which can significantly increase battery life during use
- Rates your chess play and gives you an Elo rating which is updated after each game as appropriate
- Advanced coach can provide move options, give hints, indicate move safety and quality highlights and watch your play and warn about mistakes
- Flexible PGN database support, select, view and load PGN databases and games, save games in PGN databases
- Transfer PGN databases to/from HIARCS chess via iTunes file sharing, email games and PGN databases from HIARCS
- Set up or edit a position to analyse or play from
- Advanced game navigation with game move slider and VCR buttons for rapid and precise game navigation
- Many selectable preset blitz, incremental and average time clock settings for timed play
- Large HIARCS tournament opening book with hundreds of thousands of positions, moves and variations, in fact there are over 235,000 variations!with symbols and chess openings named!
- Permanent brain for enhanced playing strength
- Numerous chess display functions for showing chess moves, analysis, book moves, coach advice, move quality even legal moves
- 8 Piece sets and 9 colour schemes
- Help screens
A discount coupon is included with the product offering up to $10 USD discount on other HIARCS products for Mac, PC, Palm and Pocket PC on www.hiarcs.com.
Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount.
"The playing program is good. It is good enough to beat 99.9% of chess players on this planet....It gives an excellent entertainment and educational value...On the scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 9.5. Well done!"
- review of HIARCS 12.1 iPhone Chess by Susan Polgar, former Women's World Chess Champion and award-winning chess author.
- Improved Coaching for white and black, shows mistakes and missed better moves
- Improved Dark.mode support
- Improved Millennium eBoard support
- Coaching support on eBoards with LEDs, X for mistakes, + for missed opportunity
- Lift piece to ignore coach or take back move and follow advice
- Enhanced menus and dialog display
- Enhanced Dark.mode support
- Enhanced Millennium eBoard support
- Added time controls 15+10, 5+3
- PGN database sharing (send and receive)
- Load PGN downloads and attachments
- PGN databases ordered
- Coach Advice on Millenium eBoards
- Dark mode improvements
- Launch from PGN download or attachment
- Millennium ChessLink Bluetooth improvements
- Improved dark mode support
- New updated chess opening book with latest theory
- New games database of latest top level chess games
- Numerous fixes and general enhancements
- Textual improvements for display and actions
- Enhanced support for the Millennium M2000 Auto Sensory Chess Board via the Millennium Chess Link
As well as auto detect you can check status and manually connect and disconnect to the ChessLink module via Bluetooth.
- Support for the Millennium M2000 Auto Sensory Chess Board via the Millennium Chess Link
Simply start the application and it will check if the ChessLink module is available to connect to via Bluetooth.
- iOS 11 updates
- German language support
- Display improvements
- Automatic self play from any position to play out a game using current engine and clock settings
- Correct for auto play with permanent brain set
- Handles more non standard PGN files
- Improved handling for customer loaded opening books
- 64 bit version
- PGN game replace feature
- Material Balance feature
- Improved handling of PGNs, attachments and clipboard games
- Improved graphic colours
- Updated for iOS8
- Extra displayed info for iPhone 5 & 6(+)
- Latest opening theory displayed (further free opening books available)
- Improved graphics
- Improved database support for PGNs
- Improved play realism
- Save and Load PGN games to and from the clipboard
- Update opening books more easily
- Enhanced coach
- General improvements
- More lower levels for the weakest of players including children
- Much more book variety on all set Elo levels including surprising gambits
- More realistic and human like play from the set Elo levels catering for players of all abilities
- Improved rating system giving more info about your progression
- New load next game in database function
- New load previous game in database function
- Non HIARCS games loaded at beginning so the game can be enjoyed/replayed before seeing the end
- Various minor fixes and improvements
- iPhone 5 support
- High quality retina graphics
- Launch HIARCS from PGN email attachment
- Delete games from PGN database
- Offer draw to computer
- Other fixes and enhancements
- Discount offer for HIARCS Chess Explorer
- New chess engine version 13.3 is much stronger than before and adapts and learns
- Onscreen game navigation using special game move slider & VCR buttons
- Coach shows move quality and danger by highlighting squares in colours
- Coach move advice with move options the coach thinks are worth considering in the current position
- Continuous coach assessment of position value
- Coach alerts you to mistakes and good moves you may have missed
- Much improved super fast PGN handling and presentation of PGN database and game information
- Transfer PGN databases to/from HIARCS Chess via iTunes file sharing
- E-mail PGN games and even whole PGN databases as an attachment
- Databases of all the games between Kasparov & Kaprov and Fischer & Spassky included
- Special handling of loaded PGN to allow review/replays with game header and Elo data
- Book move stats from the very strong HIARCS tournament opening book (iPhone edition, book updates available for HIARCS opening book subscribers)
- Transfer new books via file sharing, free update to much larger opening book available for customers
- Many more preset blitz, incremental and average time clock settings
- Many new high quality piece sets (8 in total)
- Many new board colour schemes with textures, e.g. wood (9 colour schemes in total)
- Support for iPhone 4 retina high resolution displays with detailed graphics
3rd October 2022 - HIARCS Chess 13.88 updated features in the new version (compared to 13.86)
10th September 2022 - HIARCS Chess 13.86 updated features in the new version (compared to 13.85)
4th October 2021 - HIARCS Chess 13.85 updated features in the new version (compared to 13.84)
26th November 2020 - HIARCS Chess 13.84 updated features in the new version (compared to 13.83)
25th June 2020 - HIARCS Chess 13.83 updated features in the new version (compared to 13.82)
27th August 2018 - HIARCS Chess 13.82 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.81)
August 2018 - HIARCS Chess 13.81 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.80)
July 2018 - HIARCS Chess 13.80 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.75)
September 2017 - HIARCS Chess 13.75 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.74)
June 2017 - HIARCS Chess 13.74 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.70)
October 2014 - HIARCS Chess 13.70 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.60)
September 2013 - HIARCS Chess 13.60 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.5)
March 2013 - HIARCS Chess 13.5 updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.4)
January 2013 - updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 13.3)
Updated features in the new version (compared to the previous version 12.4):
I would like to thank the following people whose content has been included with HIARCS Chess 13.6 for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Special thanks goes to Tord Romstad for his excellent GUI framework without which this project would of been much more time consuming.
GUI framework: Tord Romstad
Chess piece sets:
- Staunton & Modern: Bryan Whitby
- Elite: Gary Preston
- Fun: Ole Christensen (from Sigma Chess)
- Alpha, Merida & USCF: Eric De Mund used with thanks under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license
VCR icons used with thanks from The Working Group blog under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license
Logo: Wilhelm Hudetz Picture: www.cognitivedistortion.com
Beta Testing: Eric Gibbon, Harvey Williamson